Thursday, May 14, 2009

Braxton Hicks and Procrastination

(From 4/27/09)

I was sure I was going into labor on April 27th and went running to the doctor's office. I was cramping pretty badly and it was very frequent. Come to find out I was severly dehydrated and they were just Braxton Hicks. I guess it was good we had that false alarm because it really motivated me to finish up some OLD paperwork like legally changing my name!

Yep, I have procrastinated changing my name for almost 10 years. When I thought I was going into labor I started to cry because I realized the baby's birth certificate would have my maiden name and she would think we weren't married when we had her. So the following day I go to the Social Security office and hand the teller my marriage certificate from 1999 and my application for a name change. The lady just looks at me and says, "What happened, did you forget?". It was pretty funny.

No comments: