Thursday, May 14, 2009

Pregnancy Brain

It's a true affliction and it reminds me of those commercials with the egg in a frying pan and the announcer saying, "This is your brain. This is your brain on drugs." I've never done drugs (I'm a true nerd, I hate to admit) but pregnancy brain just has to be worse. Here are a few of John's favorite moments:

My hands were really dry and my knuckles were starting to crack. I apply hand lotion in the car and John starts to complain about how strong and awful my lotion smells. (For those that don't know he's all about soap and unscented deodorant and nothing else. He hates perfumes and scented anything) I start to defend my lotion while commenting that the lotion is burning my cracked hands. I pick up the bottle to read him the name of the lovely scent when I realize I had just applied SHAMPOO to my hands! Worse yet, I had been doing it for several days! It was one of those hotel samples that I had laying around the house. They're the perfect size for a purse and I was sure it was lotion. No wonder my hands were dry, I had been letting shampoo air dry on them. John almost wet his pants when I realized what I was doing.

We've had the same alarm code since we got married almost 10 years ago. One day as we walk back into the house I go to turn off the alarm and can't remember the code to save my life. I have all the right numbers but they are in the wrong order. After 3 failed attempts John calmly states, "Please, just step aside."

Our microwave has one of those radio buttons to adjust the timer. Spin it to the right to increase the time. I wanted to cook something for 90 minutes but the microwave seems broken. I yell out to John across the house that our microwave is 'skipping' from 59 to 100 and I can't cook my meal for 90 seconds. John replies, "You sure it's skipping and not just going from 59 seconds to 1 minute." Duh!!!!! Sad thing is, we've had this microwave for 6 years and I've never had this problem before.

No comments: